Doula Services in the Cedar Rapids/Corridor area
Kristen Mead, CD(DONA), Iowa DONA SPAR
Certified Birth Doula through DONA since October 2007
Fees: $900 for birth services which includes two prenatal meetings, the birth, and a postpartum meeting
Optional services include: prenatal mother blessings, belly mapping and henna art. Postpartum Bengkung belly binding, and mother roasting.
More about Kristen: ” I’ve been working as a birth and postpartum doula in the Cedar Rapids area since October 2007. I love to provide support for families of all kinds: first time mothers to a “seasoned” Mom and their partner, as well as help the extended support team of grandparents and younger children. I also specialize in VBACs and family-centered Cesarean births. I serve all women, no matter what their birth choices are and believe in education as the first step in an empowered birth. A complimentary consultation is the first step in hiring me as your doula. I look forward to hearing from you!”
Learn more about Kristen HERE.
Why hire a birth doula? (From DONA.org)
- Tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- Reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- Reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- Reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
Kristen’s Postpartum services:$25/hour — Initially, at least four hours need to be scheduled, with payment in advance.
***10% discount on postpartum services if I was your birth doula.