Are you a birth or postpartum doula in the Cedar Rapids area? Are you a doula-in-training? Would you like to be added to Baby Time’s Doula Registry? Contact Kristen for details.
Why hire a birth doula? (From DONA.org)
Numerous clinical studies have found that a doula’s presence at birth:
- Tends to result in shorter labors with fewer complications
- Reduces negative feelings about one’s childbirth experience
- Reduces the need for pitocin (a labor-inducing drug), forceps or vacuum extraction and cesareans
- Reduces the mother’s request for pain medication and/or epidurals
Research shows parents who receive support can:
- Feel more secure and cared for
- Are more successful in adapting to new family dynamics
- Have greater success with breastfeeding
- Have greater self-confidence
- Have less postpartum depression
Updated 5/29/13: Kristen’s Birth services: $550 — Includes two prenatal visits, the birth, and one postpartum visit ***A nonrefundable retainer ($300) is required for me to put your due date on my calendar. I request the rest of the payment at our last prenatal meeting (or a month before your due date).
I do work on a sliding scale, and can also offer a payment plan. I am very flexible, so please discuss payment with me!
Please email, call or message me on Facebook to schedule a free consultation. After a busy Spring I now have openings available the rest of the year. I do not take more than 3 clients a month and booking is first come first serve based on our consultation and deposit. Thank you!
Kristen’s Postpartum services:$20/hour — Initially, at least four hours need to be scheduled, with payment in advance.
***10% discount on postpartum services if I was your birth doula.
For more information on me, and what I can offer you as a DONA certified birth doula, please check out my doula blog at Mamatoto Doula Services